We are looking for a full-time Workshop Assistant to join our team - no knifemaking experience required.
Duties will initially include:
- Metal fabrication work
- Production cutlery fabrication
- Assisting with classes
We are looking for a motivated, confident person who has a can-do attitude. The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Is keenly interested in bladesmithing, blacksmithing, or metalwork
- Lives within one hour of Tharwa
- Has their own transport
- Is good with their hands
- Has a burning desire to grow as an artist / maker
- Is prepared to commit to this role for the next three years
This role offers the following benefits:
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, some of Australia’s best bladesmiths and blacksmiths
- An environment where hard work and commitment are rewarded with autonomy and flexibility
- The opportunity to demonstrate the motivation required to become a full-time bladesmith
The following attributes will be looked upon favourably:
- welding skills
- woodworking skills
- familiarity with G-code
- digital design skills
The successful applicant will receive pay at the award rate plus superannuation. They'll also be provided with every opportunity to reach their full potential as a maker.
Applicants are invited to apply for this position by submitting a one-page resume, along with a one-page cover letter that addresses the following:
- What is the most recent thing you have made?
- What is the coolest thing you have made? (If you have a photo, please attach it to your application)
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck? Why?
- If you landed this role, where would you see yourself in three years?
Applications will remain open until we find the right person.