We are looking for a full-time Workshop Assistant to join our team to support the running of our forge.
Duties will initially include:
- Maintenance of workshop and machines
- Manage stores and supplies for running classes
- Metal fabrication work
- Production cutlery fabrication
- Assisting with preparation of classes
We are looking for a motivated, confident person who has a can-do attitude. The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Is good with their hands, experieced using tools
- Has a good mechanical knowledge of how things work
- Works well in a team environment
- Is keenly interested in bladesmithing, blacksmithing, or metalwork
- Lives within one hour of Tharwa
- Has their own transport
- Is prepared to commit to this role for the next three years
This role offers the following benefits:
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, some of Australia’s best bladesmiths and blacksmiths
- An environment where hard work and commitment are rewarded with autonomy and flexibility
- Developing you skills in a broad range of applications
The following attributes will be looked upon favourably:
- welding skills
- woodworking skills
- metalworking skills
- familiarity with G-code, CAD, CAM
- digital design skills
- knifemaking or blacksmithing skills
- stores management experience
- trade background
The successful applicant will receive pay at the award rate plus superannuation.
Applicants are invited to apply for this position by submitting a one-page resume, along with a one-page cover letter that addresses the following:
- What is the most recent thing you have made?
- What is the coolest thing you have made? (If you have a photo, please attach it to your application)
- If you landed this role, where would you see yourself in three years?
- Contact details for two work referees
Applications will remain open until we find the right person.