We are looking for a Leatherworker to join our team. This role is initially part-time with a view to full-time employment for the right person.
Duties will initially include:
- Design and production of leather-goods
- Creating items commissioned by our private clients
- Teaching leatherwork classes
We are looking for a patient and emotionally intelligent person who is keen to share their craft with the public. The ideal applicant will have the following attributes:
- Is a proficient leatherworker
- Lives within one hour of Tharwa
- Has own transport
- Is good with people
- Desires to pursue their craft professionally
- Is committed to the ideal of artistic growth via collaboration
This role offers the following benefits:
- A reliable income supplemented by generous bonuses for each class taught
- Access to a modern, fully-equipped leatherwork studio
- The opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from, some of Australia’s best bladesmiths and blacksmiths
- An environment where hard work and commitment are rewarded with autonomy and flexibility
- Significant exposure via social and legacy media that will boost your profile as an artist
Applicants are invited to apply for this position by submitting a one-page resume, a photographic portfolio, and a one-page cover letter that addresses the following:
- What has been your most frustrating artistic failure?
- What is the most useful quality or skill for a teacher to have? Why?
- You’re having a dinner party and can invite any three people from throughout human history. Who do you invite? Why?
Applications will remain open until we find the right person.