There is lots of good stuff on the web, it just take a while to find it. Here are some links we've found useful and think you'll like. Let us know if you have suggestions, or would like your website linked.
Hover over the link for a description. * links are new.
- 84 Engineering *
Ewan and his team make some excellent grinders and disc sanders. Use the code THARWA10 for a 10% discount at the checkout
- Artisan Supplies
Corin runs an large supplier of blacksmithing tools, grinders, tongs, forges, steel, consumables and much more. Friendly, helpful staff. See them at lots of knife shows.
- Aus Maker Supplies *
Tim runs a great knife supply shop with steel, handle materials, consumables and more.
- Nordic Edge *
Bjorn from Nordic Edge has a large range of kits knives, handle material, equipment, consumables and lots more. Also sells anvils and power hammers.
- Radius Master Belt G...
John makes an excellent grinder - Radius Master 48 Belt Grinder
- ABANAThe Artist Blacksmith's Association of North America is the preeminent blacksmith organization in the world. With thousands of members worldwide, ABANA seeks to advance all forms of blacksmithing and metalworking. We actively seek new members that are involved in all forms of artistic endeavor as well as non-artist, supporters of the arts.
- AnvilfireBlacksmiths' and metalworkers' on-line reference. Blacksmithing questions answered daily by the guru. Blacksmith forums, book reviews, plans, how-to and FAQs.
- British Artists Blac...
- I Forge IronComprehensive blacksmithing tutorials anf forum.
- iForge (Interactive ...Step by step blacksmithing demonstrations and tutorials from Slack-Tub Pub. Showcasing the Texas blacksmith, Bill Epps and others.
- The Blacksmith's Jou...The Blacksmith's Journal offers how-to information on traditional & architectural blacksmithing where you can find a monthly illustrated publication, books, videos and tools.
- American Bladesmith ...The American Bladesmith Society, Inc. pledges to diligently, reasonably and responsibly work exclusively for the purposes of promoting and advancing the art and science of the forged blade and other implements. And also to inform and educate the public in respect to bladesmithing, metal forging and heat treating processes, knife and tool design and fabrication, related arts and other areas in which the Society has expertise.
- Ariel Salaverria Cus...Extensive knifemaking tutorials
- How to make knives t...This web site is intended to be like a little web school with great fact stuff that's been done with links to tutorials, and Makers pages.
- Knife ArtSome excellent articles from famous knifemakers. Largest Selection of Custom Knives!
- Knife Network - Work...Modern technology has caught up with the custom knife community. Now, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, knifemakers from around the globe can access these on-line tutorials. All phases of knifemaking, sheath making, technical repair, usage and embellishment will be covered, from fixed blades, to folding knives, to miscellaneous shop tips and equipment usage. Most of our tutorials have excellent color photos to go along with the text.
- Knife World Publicat...Knife World Publications - publishers of Knife World magazine, covering collector, antique, antiques, factory, commemorative, handmade, custom, and military knives; straight and safety razors; knife collecting, use, shows, news, and classifieds. Publishers of and dealers in cutlery reference books of all kinds.
- The Australian Knife...The Australian Knifemakers Guild was formed by a group of dedicated custom knifemakers in 1984, with the express purpose of fostering the design, manufacture, sale and use of Australian made custom knives.
Tools and Equipment
- The McDonald MillPlans for hot steel rolling mill. Perfect for making Damascus steel.
- Vintage Project PlansFree project plans from vintage and classic sources. Boats, Mini Bikes, Farm projects, etc.
- Keeping it Sharp *
Sharpening service on Central Coast NSW with Jonathan Ray. Mobile service on a full range of knives and tools.
- Shop hints at Frets.comAmazing collection of over 400 shop hints from a fantastic craftsman. Something everyone can learn from.