This course is ideal for anyone who wants to make Kydex sheaths and holsters at home, wether for their own equipment or to sell to others. Bring two of your favorite knives and walk away with two sheaths, another small project of your own choosing, and the knowledge of how make a wide variety of other Kydex projects as well as how to make your own Kydex manufacturing equipment.
Kydex is an incredibly versatile material and is ideally suited to making sheaths for knives. It is relatively cheap, comes in an enormous range of colors and patterns, is incredibly durable, and requires only a minimal investment in equipment to work with. This course will teach you everything you need to setup your own operation making Kydex sheaths and holsters for yourself or to sell to others.
This one-day class runs from 8am until 5pm, and covers the following:
- Properties of Kydex
- Sheath design fundamentals
- Pattern making and jigs
- Making your own Kydex forming equipment
- Advanced forming techniques
- Finishing techniques
- Production of a two-layer 'pancake' style sheath
- Production of a one-layer 'taco' style sheath
- Production of belt mounting hardware
- Production of a small project of your own choosing
Cost - $500 (incl GST)
Cost includes Kydex, hardware, equipment use, instruction and two sheathes plus your own small project
Booking in advance is essential - very limited places