Teen Blacksmithing (12 - 16)
This is a one day holiday class for younger people (12 - 16 years old) interested in reconnecting with their hands and learning some creative skills. This is an especially good course for younger people interested in blacksmithing or metalwork.
We will cover
- workshop safety
- using a gas forge
- using hammers and tongs to move and hold metal
- forging a point
- flattening metal
- bending, twisting metal into shapes
Projects will include
- A fire poker or toasting fork
- Camp fire tripod
- Hooks and other tools to use with the tripod
- ...and more depending on available time
You will need to bring your lunch and sensible clothing (t-shirt and long pants) and covered footwear (sneakers ok).
We will provide safety equipment, tools, metal, morning and afternoon tea.
Cost - $250 (inc GST)
|Location||Tharwa Valley Forge|