This course covers:
- axe theory and design
- marking out billets for axe heads
- punching and drifting, solo and with a striker
- shaping an axe head using top tools
- heat treatment of axe heads
- grinding and profiling axe heads
- handle design and fitting
- sharpening axe heads
The resultant axe will look fantastic and perform superbly. It will have a head in the 1kg class and a handle approximately 400mm long.
Class size of four people, suitable for ages 16+. Make sure you wear workshop clothes and tie long hair back. BYO Lunch; tea, coffee and light refreshments provided. Cost includes all materials, instruction, workshop use, and insurance.
Venue Information - Cuppacumbalong
Cuppacumbalong Homestead is located at 21 Naas Road in Tharwa ACT. Park onsite at bottom of the driveway. Fridge and microwave available for storing and reheating lunches.